This practical vocal score of Mozart’s towering operatic masterpiece, Don Giovanni, contains the original Prague version of 1787, whose musical and dramatic unity makes it infinitely preferable to any “mixed version”.
His changes for the Vienna performances of 1788 are reproduced in an appendix.
The vocal score incorporates the recent research findings published in the critical report to the “New Mozart Edition” (II/5/17, 2003), thereby satisfying the most discerning reader.
- Vocal score based on the Urtext of the “New Mozart Edition”
- Clear and uncluttered appearance on the page
- Easy to play piano reduction
- Original Italian words underlaid with a German translation
- Bilingual preface (German/English) with notes on the work and performance practice