The most-loved Christmas carols for any choir!
Not all Christmas music is the same. Christians in Europe have always used music in ever new forms and mediums of performance to express their joy at Christmas. Christmas a cappella embraces England to the Czech Republic, encompassing music from Gregorian chant to popular songs, Unison songs and canons are just as likely to be found as traditional four-part harmonies or new arrangements for up to twelve voices.
All can be learnt easily and quickly with texts in the original language underlaid with singable English and/or German translations.
- a brand new Christmas collection encompassing styles and traditions from all over Europe
- more than 170 easy to learn titles
- mostly in three to four parts
- flexible scoring from unison songs, traditional four-part harmonies, through to 12-part arrangements
- singable translations in English and/or German
Graham Buckland is an English conductor who has spent the last twenty years working at various German and Czech opera houses, and now teaches at the University of Regensburg. He is also a composer who has recently produced two operas as well as orchestral and chamber music. His sacred vocal music continues the living tradition of English choral music.
"... the collection proves to be excellent value and should supply singers with enough new and unfamiliar material to justify its purchase, whether for use in a carol service or with that glass of mulled wine!"
(Choir & Organ)