Schubert lieder for discerning musicians The start of a new Bärenreiter Urtext Edition The New Schubert Edition is the only scholarly-critical edition that will, once completed, include Franz Schubert's lieder in their entirety. In response to the rising expectations of performers and listeners alike, all the lieder will be published over the next few years in performing editions containing the text of Walther Dürr , the eminent Schubert scholar and former Managing Editor of the New Schubert Edition. The new series will substitute the edition jointly published by Bärenreiter and G. Henle since 1977.
- Includes the definitive musical text from the New Schubert Edition
- Newly engraved with a spacious appearance and larger format (23 x 30 cm)
- Ideal page turns
- Editorial decisions and conflicting readings from main sources are now identified in this performing edition
- Alternative versions are reproduced in the appendix
Introduction by Walther Dürr focuses on peculiarities in the genesis and performance history of each lied and provides solid information on performance practice
- Adopts straightforward ordering principle from the New Schubert Edition: first by opus number, then in chronological order
- Complete transposition into three vocal registers finally allows every singer to work with the latest findings of Schubert scholarship
The edition is scheduled to include eleven volumes. Each volume will appear in three editions; one for high voice, one for middle voice and one for low voice.