The “Missa Divi Xaverii” ZWV 12, an expansive and unusually richly scored work, marks a highlight in the œuvre of Jan Dismas Zelenka (1679-1745). It was composed in 1729 while he was working at the Dresden court.
The principal source of this first edition is the damaged autograph score which had long been kept under lock and key. Passages missing because of its damaged condition have been supplemented using secondary sources or reconstructed by Václav Luks, clearly marked as such in the musical text.
The first performance to use the present new edition took place in the summer of 2014, when it was performed at the Utrecht Early Music Festival. A CD recording by Collegium 1704, conducted by Václav Luks, has been released by the label Accent (ACC 24301).
• Magnum opus of Zelenka’s music and the Bohemian Baroque
• Scholarly-critical first edition
• Welcome addition to the sacred choral repertoire
• Also suitable for ambitious amateur choirs
• Instructive Foreword (Cz/Eng/Ger) and Critical Commentary (Eng)